Main zoonosis transmitted by amphibians and fishes:
- infectious agent: a bacteria close to the tubercle bacillus: Mycobacterium marinum, or others.
- animal desease:
- very gradual weight loss of fish, whose head may then seem disproportionately large compared to the rest of the body
- discoloration, stomach dug, back deformed, erratic swimming, abnormal droppings , regression of the fins and sometimes ulcers
- Mean of contamination:
- mouth-to-hand contact with dirty hands, contaminated by soiled water.
- human desease : extremely painful skin nodules