Rules of use of gloves
Rules and technique of use of gloves
- The use of gloves does not replace the need for cleaning your hands.
- Hand hygiene (current, antiseptic, or surgical) must be performed when appropriate regardless of the indications for glove use.
- Remove gloves to perform hand hygiene, when an indication occurs while wearing gloves.
- Discard gloves after each task and clean your hands – gloves may carry germs
- Wear gloves only when indicated otherwise they become a major risk for germ transmission.